Frequently asked questions and other Information about the GSiteCrawler
There are some questions which have been asked lately. We will try to move all questions which we feel are relevant to this collection.
Frequently asked questions we've heard so far are:
- Scheduling automatic crawls and Google Sitemap file updates
- Uploading sitemap files via the built-in FTP client
- Options and Settings
- Information about the fields in the "URL list" tab (manual, include, crawl, priority, freq, URL)
- Using filters to control the crawler
- Installing the MSDE database engine
- Set up MSDE / SQL Server access
- Generating Google Base bulk import files
- Generating Yahoo! URLLIST files
- Creating and using Yahoo! XML Sitemap files
- The GSiteCrawler said that my database file was too large to continue working. What can I do?
- How can I exclude unwanted files (images, etc) from the sitemap file?
- "The XML page cannot be displayed" / "Error loading stylesheet" error message
This error message can be ignored; here is some more information about it and what you can do about it.
- The GSiteCrawler generates several files - which one do I upload for Google Sitemaps?
- Using meta-tags to specify content date
- Google Sitemaps: error messages
- Google Sitemaps: general information
- Google Sitemaps: statistics and verification
- Google Sitemaps: technical information
- The priority attribute in Google Sitemaps
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me!